Healthy living can help you to prevent some of the leading causes of death for men. At the moment, it’s no secret that obesity is widespread. Reports suggest that nearly three out of every four men are either overweight or obese.
Around 50 percent of men don’t engage in vigorous leisure-time physical activity for more than 10 minutes. Even if you follow healthy lifestyle tips for men slightly then you can live a healthier life.
You should follow healthy lifestyle tips for men because of the above-given statistics. These healthy lifestyle tips for men will help you to lead a better and healthier life.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips For Men
1. You Should Eat Veg Almost At Every Meal
When everybody thinks about eating veg, they think it is very painful. But it is not true. If you eat veg after steaming then you will get the most nutrients, but it’s tedious and complicated. In fact, you should try micro-steaming. You can do this using your microwave and it takes less time. You should heat the vegetables until veg becomes tender enough to pierce with a fork. This process will take two to five minutes depending on the vegetable you are using.
2. You Should Have A Mini Mobility Routine
This will be daily health tips and it doesn’t have to take long.
- You can try crouch stretch and it is easy enough to do while watching TV. You just have to plant one knee on the sofa, shin against the back, and put your weight on your other leg. Hold the position for 30 seconds. Then repeat on the other side.
- You can try mountain climber by starting in a press-up position. You need to bring one foot up until it’s next to your hand, then you have to lean forward to feel the stretch in your groin and hips. Then switch sides and repeat this process ten times.
- You can try cossack squat. In this process, you will have to sit on one heel with your other leg outstretched. Then you have to switch your weight to the other side. At first, you will feel this tough but you will get lower over time.
3. You Should Use Portion Control
If you want then you can measure every micronutrient, but it’s not really necessary. You just need a safe pair of hands.
- You can use palms to measure protein. If you are taking protein-rich foods like meat, eggs, beans, and fish, then you should take two palm-sized portions with each meal.
- You can use your fists to measure vegetables. You can eat colorful veg like broccoli, carrots, salad, spinach and it should take up most of your plate. Try to take two fists per meal and this is a minimum.
- You can use your thumbs to measure fats. If you want to take fats then it should come from healthy sources like almonds, butter, and avocado. You should eat just less than two thumb-sized servings per meal.
4. You Should Go To Sleep When You Are Tired
If you sleep more than seven hours then it decreases your risk of heart attack, improves cognitive ability and it also might make you thinner. Studies show that in the early part of the night, deeper non-REM sleep cycles dominate with dream-infused REM sleep taking over towards dawn. There is a safe window between 8 pm and 12 am when you should be aiming to get to bed for the most restorative sleep. However, you should go to bed when you are tired and you need to do this consistently (even at the weekend).
5. You Should Stick To Quality Coffee
Science is constantly changing its mind about the benefits and the downsides of coffee. A lot of people is unaware of the fact that coffee can reduce your Parkinson’s risk and the chance of developing certain cancers. But it is inconclusive that coffee can prevent cardiovascular disease. You should drink coffee because it is a proven performance enhancer. You can drink it when cortisol naturally dips. Reports suggest that around 10 am is the perfect time for your first cup of the day.
6. You Should Create Stress Management Systems
Not all kind of stress is bad. Some stress keeps you alert, increases concentration or helps you rise to meet challenges. You are might be wondering what is the difference between good stress and bad stress. Usually, good stress comes in short bursts and is over quickly. Whereas, bad stress is ever-present. Healthy people easily distinguish between the two and the simplest fix is single-tasking. You should switch off any electronics you are not directly using. You should focus on one task for at least 15 minutes. Do one thing with full concentration, then move on to the next.
Try to make your life better, healthier, and happier by incorporating these healthy lifestyle tips for men into your life. Men should take care of their life by leading a healthy lifestyle. Start following these healthy lifestyle tips for men and you will see a rapid change in your life.